DevOps Engineer (remote possible)
- Job title DevOps Engineer (remote possible)
- Location Utrecht or remote
Your job as DevOps Engineer (remote possible)
What do you need
What's in it for you
Stack: AWS, Linux, Gitlab, Python, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
As a DevOps Engineer, your work will significantly impact the engineers on the team. Even more importantly, the success of millions of students across the world. Work across our entire technology stack and co-work with all development teams to continuously make our products more reliable.
Tens of thousands of university administrators and millions of students rely on our products to do their work. Ensuring that our systems are highly available and that our product & engineering teams can iterate rapidly to deliver value are critical to our work.
As one new SaaS company, formed in 2021 from StuComm (NL), Collabco (UK), AppScho (FR), and Ready Education (NA), we’ve entered a period of aggressive growth. We continue to learn and don’t fear taking risks and making mistakes. The opportunity to work on a new global software platform makes it an exciting time to join in.
Help us build and maintain our ever-expanding platform.
- Design, build, manage, and improve the core infrastructure used by all of Ready’s engineering teams,
- Debug production issues across various services and levels of the stack,
- You will have the opportunity to scrutinize, reason, and drive the technology and architecture choices we make in building our platform.
- Work closely with the other engineering teams and architects to ensure that the development, testing, and deployment of our technology are as easy and dependable as possible,
- Ensure that the security of our systems is state-of-the-art and exceeds the requirements and expectations of our higher education customers.
- At least 5 years of experience in a DevOps Engineering role, a strong systems engineering background and interested in building durable systems,
- Extensive experience operating within AWS good administrative Linux skills
- Extensive experience building highly available, secure, and cost-efficient infrastructure that utilizes a variety of technologies and data stores, including private cloud networking topologies, load-balanced web applications, Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Proficiency in Python or a similar scripting language,
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Python web applications
- Experience working in enterprise technology space, with a higher level of compliance on security (e.g. in education or healthcare technology)
- Experience leading an engineering or DevOps team
- Experience working with a remote or distributed team
Would you like to work in an inspirational, international environment with experienced coworkers who help you grow? On top of that, we offer you:
- Annual gross salary 65k-80k, based on your experience;
- Company pension;
- Company laptop and peripherals;
- A lot of room for personal development and for taking your own initiatives to be as successful as possible in this role;
- Friday afternoon drinks;
HIER NIETS INVULLEN
Marcel de Jong 020 6120081
Introduce yourself to us! Help us get to know you better by sharing your cv, your online profile or your website with us. We will get back at you within 2 working days.